Mendenhall Glacier Recreation Area
If the idea of flying in a helicopter for Alaska glacier landing is not your cup of tea, here might be the next best option.
On the east side of the Mendenhall Glacier Recreation Area (MGRA) is Nugget Falls, a wonderful location for an Alaska destination/elopement wedding ceremony with the Nugget Falls, Mendenhall Glacier, Mendenhall Lake, and snowcapped mountains as the back drop to your wedding – a true Alaskan background. This package has limited availability so please check with us to find out if your schedule allows use of this package. To reach the Falls requires a 20-25 minute walk along a well maintained gravel path with little elevation change.
The 2021 package price is $2,400.00 (plus city sales tax and fees) and includes the following:
- Assistance with planning your wedding ceremony and vows.
- Round trip ground transportation in a chauffeured 9-passenger limousine (can downsize to a 4-passenger sedan & reduce price of package) that includes a stop at the marriage license office, if married on a weekday.
- Park entrance fees for the bride and groom.
- Services of wedding officiant who will perform a legal wedding and file the license after the ceremony.
- A bridal assistance to assist the couple.
- A Wildflower bouquet and matching boutonniere.
- A complementary bottle of Korbel champagne or sparkling apple cider.
- Two commemorative glass champagne flutes.
- A gift certificate for one of three Alaska Heirloom wedding certificate
- A gift bag of eatable goodies from Alaska.
*Price includes Bride & Groom, additional fees for guests and a 15% gratuity may be added. An additional $50 if a witnesses is needed.
This activity operates under a Special Use Permit issued by the US Forest Service.